Monday, November 27, 2017

Brush Creek Residency


Brush Creek Artist Residency was an amazing experience! It is one of those experiences I will remember forever. I don't know quite where to begin. I think I will divide it into categories that will provide manageable chunks.

The place: Gorgeous, hills, mountains, open plains and plenty of amazing sky provided an inspiring show every minute. Sometimes it was the pink glow for the rising sun on the brilliant snow and other times it was mid-afternoon with snow frosted trees contrasting against a blue sky. It was exquisite. The ranch was miles wide with some many trails that it was hard to complete half of them during my stay.


The People- Bruce and Elizabeth White are the generous benefactors of the whole program. It's so wonderful when people promote the arts! Sharon and Caitie run the program and they are simply adorable and  helpful in every way. There were 7 artists including me. It was so cool to be placed together with artists from different disciplines, one composer, one film writer, one novel writer, one short story writer, a photographer and one graphic designer. Here is a link to read about each. 


In my next post I will write about the experience of working there and then the following post will have a couple of stories. I'll leave you with two thoughts- this was a life-changing experience. And...... I am now in love with Wyoming.

No comments: